Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Super Vacation! Part 3 Coeur d' Alene

At last we came to our final destination, not to mention the most familiar, Coeur d' Alene. Of course the first thing we had to do was stop in Spokompton to shop at the Nordstrom Rack. I picked up 2 dresses and some leggings. CJ and Brian each got a new pair of flip flops and converse shoes for school. Kyle came out empty handed, bummer. Then we went out to Rathdrum and spent the evening with Greg, Julie, kiddos and Norm and Jan. It just so happened to have been on the same day as Harley's birthday party. So we were treated to cake! The kiddos always love hanging out with their cousins. They were so sad when we left, that is until we told them we were going to Grandma and Grandpa's house!!

They love it there. My Mom keeps toys for them out always. Whenever we show up, surprise or planned, those toys are in the same place and easy access for them. They always give hugs and kisses and then they go straight for the toy cubby. Then I get some mostly quiet time with my Mom and Dad without worrying what CJ and Brian are up to. My Mom and I were up entirely too late chatting, but I think it was worth it!

The next morning my Mom had a class to go to, so we spent the morning outside in the backyard drinking coffee and chatting with my Daddy-O. CJ and Brian were happy playing with chalk and skateboarding! Brian's first skateboarding accident

Later we met Greg, Julie and Co. and Norm and Jan at Independence Point. We were supposed to have a nice quiet afternoon at the park, swimming and enjoying the company of our family. It didn't really work out like that. CJ, Brian and I swam for the first hour or so. After I got in the first time, I made the mistake of telling Kyle how I forgot how cold that lake is. He didn't get in at all!






Then we ordered lunch. Kyle walked down to Hudsons (greatest burgers in Idaho, if you're ever in CDA you must go!!!) to pick it up. While he was gone CJ got really cranky really fast. I started to hold her and rock and then suddenly she was out cold. I put her down in the tent for a nap.

Sleepy girl. Little did we know, she was also a sicky girl.

After we all had lunch Julie, Jan and I (feeling left out because I'm not a "J") walked down to Del Sol. Del Sol is a cute little store that everything they sell changes color in UV light. I loaded up on nail polish and bought CJ and few new hair ties. When we got back CJ was crying like crazy. She was screaming that her forehead hurt and she wanted to go back to Grandma's to sleep. I tried taking her to the shade and rocking her again. She wanted nothing to do with sleeping in the park anymore, she wanted out of there ASAP! I carried her back to the car while Kyle packed up. After a long nap, CJ woke up again crying that her forehead hurt and started vomiting. I took her temp, 102.9, Kyle took her to Immediate Care.


The Doc looked at her and listened to her, and thought it was a urinary track infection. How the Doc jumped from headache and vomiting to urinary is beyond my wisdom, (that's why they don't call me Doc). Urine tests came back fine. He gave her some Tylenol, she puked it up. He gave her the rectal version of Tylenol and her temp started to go back down and she seemed like she was perking back up. He decided it was something viral. He told us no solid food for 24 hours, keep an eye on temp, Tylenol is perfect, she may have diarrhea. Yay! We were scheduled to leave the following morning for an 8 hour drive home! That night her temp kept going up and down. She had ice cream and frozen yogurt for dinner, breakfast, lunch and dinner. After we got home and she spent a night in her own bed she seemed perfect! Maybe she was just sick and tired of such a long busy week. I think our next vacation will be a little less action packed! Not to mention far fewer driven miles in 1 week.

No comments: