Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Super Vacation! Part 2 Seattle

When we first booked the trip we booked a hotel in Kent for two nights. It used about half the points as any of the hotels in Seattle. While we weren't paying with money for the hotels, we were using Kyle's reward points. He worked very hard for all those dang points and we didn't want to be wasteful. So this hotel has smoking and non smoking rooms. Now usually when a hotel is mixed like that they separate the rooms. Like smoking in the east and non smoking in the west. Or smoking on floor 2 and non on floor 1. Something that keeps them from sharing a ventilation system. Not this hotel. It was literally every other room was smoking. From the moment we walked into the hotel it stunk like an old smokey bar. I just thought that after such a long drive the kids were ready to relax. I figured our room was non smoking so we would be ok. When we got to our room I opened the window, turned on the fan, and I thought we would be ok. I was so wrong. After we went to bed CJ started coughing and gagging so bad that she vomited. I changed the sheets, Kyle slept with her. I gave her several hits of albuterol. By morning we were exhausted and angry. When Kyle went to complain, there was some @$$h0!e smoking in the hallway right outside our door!! We wanted to check out, and use points for another non smoking hotel. That was such a pain! Somewhere in all this I lost a contact! So my sight is terrible. I call my Dr, get my prescription faxed to a local optometrist and get a new pair of contacts. We finally get to check in a NON SMOKING hotel in Seattle. Finally we can enjoy! We went to the market, had some kick ass gyros for lunch, and... what else was there? Oh yeah! We went to a Mariner game!!

Funny pig chair

I think this picture was taken in Newport, but it's just a random goofy moment for Brian

Getting ready to go

A couple of excited girls!

Take me out to the ball game!

the view from our seats

Dinner during batting practice, turkey sandwiches

We went all the way to Seattle, payed $20 each to go to a Play Land?


They each got a foam finger. Those fingers were later used to beat the man in front of us. Sorry dude.

CJ and I found the Moose in the Moose Den and then called Kyle and Brian and made them come over for a family picture.

This might be our Christmas card picture.

Yay! Someone bought us peanuts and cracker jacks! Thanks Kyle!

Cotton Candy yumminess

I was caught blue handed!

Cotton Candy blue tongues

These looks? That would have to be, sugar high!


Hey Dad, what's that you got? The camera?
We practiced this dang song for weeks before the game. Then when the time finally came to sing it, Kyle and Brian were in the bathroom!! When they got back I made them sing it!

1 comment:

My Life said...

Looks as if you all had a great deal of fun.