Friday, January 9, 2009

Hooray For Smarty Pants Theresa!!




Hip Hip Hooray!! I tricked my kids into eating something super healthy! Butternut squash soup! I really wanted butternut squash soup for dinner. I didn't think the kids would like it all that much. I made them pb&j sandwiches, fruit, milk; and then I poured a little of my soup into little 1 cup bowls for them. I first tried to get them to eat it with a spoon. I couldn't get either of them to even try it. Then I tried to get them to dip crackers, CJ did that and liked the soup. Then I asked Brian if he wanted to drink it like it was juice. I took his spoon and crackers and gave him a straw (of course CJ wanted one too). It worked like a charm! My kids ate pureed butternut squash with nutmeg, onion powder, and salt!! YAY!!!! They had protein in the peanut butter, fruit, dairy, and veggies. Mom got a little swell of happiness that she didn't have to fight at dinner time!

No comments: