Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I've Become My Mother, let me count the ways...


When most woman say this it's a bad thing, not me. My Mom is by far the most kind, loving, selfless, compassionate woman she has endless pools of love in her heart, I can only hope to emulate her as much as I can. Everyone that My Mom meets tells me that she is a wonderful person in one way or another. These are just a few things that I've said or done that make me giggle because they are things my Mom does.



1. "Oh, that's fun." In reference to the style of an object.
2. My need to feed people, not as strong as my Mom's need, but still there.
3. Unconditional love for my Family
4. I can't let CJ leave the house without doing her hair. I used to. Not so much now. That used to drive me crazy as a kid. So much that at one point I just refused to brush my hair.
5. Some times I open my mouth and my Mom's voice comes right out.
6. I love to do craft projects with my kiddos

There are so many things that I do. I just can't count them all. I am proud of all the times that I catch myself saying, I've become my mother.

The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness. ~Honoré de Balzac

Women are aristocrats, and it is always the mother who makes us feel that we belong to the better sort. ~John Lancaster Spalding

The sweetest sounds to mortals given are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.~William Goldsmith Brown

Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh My! Where do I start to say THANK YOU! You were by far my test, and I do not mean that in a bad way. You were the one to give me the fear of God, but also the Joy of being a Mother all at the same time. I found myself saying in fear!! (whare is Theresa?) Oh God! She is quiet!The joy, The hugs, the love in your eyes, the bounce into my arms and even the scary SCARY things you would think of doing. Being your Mother is and was the best part of my life. You and Your Sister along with Your Dad Are my rime and reason for living. The Grand kids and Your chossen mates for life are all Blessigs on top. God has given us alot to be Thankful For!!! I Love You All, Thank God you are all Grown Up! ( I was not sure we all would make it at times.) Blessed to say Mom